This recipe is provided by The Go to Chocolate Store where all the chocolates and coffees are organic. Click here to shop.
This may be one of the most delicious chocolate recipes you will ever make. It is a little more involved than some of the other recipes I have found, but it is not difficult. I think it is worth the little extra effort, and I’m sure your family and friends will agree. I found this recipe on a site called BROWNeyedBAKER. I’ve modified the recipe slightly to encourage the use of organic ingredients.
LIST OF INGREDIENTS
- 10-ounces organic bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped).
- 5 organic egg yolks.
- 5 tablespoons organic granulated sugar.
- 1-1/2 cups organic heavy cream.
- 3/4 cup organic half and half.
- 1 tablespoon water.
- ½ teaspoon organic instant espresso powder.
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract.
This recipe will make eight 5-ounce servings.
- Place chocolate in a medium bowl. Cover with fine-mesh sieve and set aside.
- CUSTARD: In a medium saucepan, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and salt. Add the heavy cream and half-and-half. Whisk to combine.
- Place the saucepan over medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly and scraping the bottom of the saucepan with a wooden spoon, until the mixture is thickened and silky. Temperature should reach 175 to 180 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer in 8 to 12 minutes. Keep the heat low so that the mixture does not simmer at all.
- While warm, pour the custard through the fine-mesh sieve over the chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes, then gently whisk until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine water and instant espresso powder until dissolved. Combine espresso mixture, vanilla extract, and chocolate mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture into eight 5-ounce ramekins. Gently tap the ramekins to remove air bubbles.
- Allow the pots de creme to cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 3 days. Let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if desired.
Enjoy! I have added links to good quality ingredients that can be used for this recipe.
FOUR SUGGESTED KEY INGREDIENTS
|Product Image||Product Name|
|Equal Exchange Organic Bittersweet Chocolate Chips|
|Wholesome Organic Fair Trade Cane Sugar|
|Anthony’s Organic Espresso Baking Powder|
|Grandma’s Choice Organic Vanilla Extract|
As always, if you found this article informative and interesting, please take a moment to Share us and Like us on your favorite social media site. And don’t forget to shop our store at: https://thegotochocolatestore.com/store/
All the chocolates and coffees at The Go to Chocolate Store are made with organically grown and ethically sourced ingredients.
WikiHow Staff. “How to Make Chocolate.” WikiHow. 04 May 2019. <https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Chocolate>